How to find us
Compared to other French Alp destinations, you’ll find getting to luxury chalet Ferme du Ciel by plane, by car or by train a breeze. If you’re not sure which is the best option for you, we’ll be happy to help.
The full address of our boutique luxury chalet accommodation is:
Ferme du Ciel, 773, Route de Mathonex, 74340 Samoëns, France.
View on Google Maps
Call us on 01256808294 or +33 (0)4 50 58 44 57 or firstname.lastname@example.org
We’re conveniently located just an hour’s drive from Geneva International airport on easy-to-navigate roads. A range of carriers service Geneva airport from all over the UK and Europe, including Aer Lingus, Air France, British Airways, British Midland, EasyJet, Flybe and Swiss Air. Also check the website Skyscanner for a useful general provider.
In winter, we offer private transfers to and from Geneva airport at competitive rates. We’ll be waiting to collect you and your luggage at the airport, and we’ll have you back in the chalet in an hour.
Or if you wish to hire a car, Avis , Hertz, Holiday Autos and Zest Car Rental and Rhinocarhire all operate from Geneva airport. Whichever you choose, we recommend collecting your car from the Swiss side of the airport, as access is far simpler, and snow tyres and motorway tax are included. See below for driving directions.
We have ample parking space for those who would prefer to bring their own car. Just 1hr 12mins, via Bonneville from Geneva airport by car. Travel time from Calais is around 8–10 hours depending on stops and traffic.
Directions from Geneva Airport
- On leaving the car park, follow the green signs for France and continue straight on for 0.5km.
- Still following signs for France, at the fifth set of traffic lights turn left.
- At the traffic lights at the top of the rise, before you go over the bridge, turn right. Filter into the left-hand lane and join the dual carriageway.
- Continue for 6km, through the Swiss/French border and into France.
- Picking up signs for Annecy, Chamonix, Milan/Turin and the Monte Blanc tunnel, you will join the A40 toll motorway (Autoroute Blanche). You can expect the first toll after 11km.
- Continue for 15km. Exit at junction 18 for Cluses, Morzine, Les Gets and Samoëns.
Directions from the A40 exit
- Exit at junction 18, following signs for Morzine, Les Gets and Samoëns. This will take you around Cluses on the D304, and soon picks up the D902, which takes you up the hill.
- Continue on the D902 through Chatillon, and gradually descend down into the valley for 1.5km.
- At a sharp left-hand hairpin bend (before Taninges), take the right turn signposted to Morillon and Samoëns.
- Continue for 6km (ignoring the signs for Verchaix and Samoëns in Morillon). Go through Morillon and into Samoëns.
- On entering Samoëns, continue straight across the mini roundabout (with the Grand Massif Express ski lift on your right) and onto the next roundabout.
- Turn left and, following the one-way system, pick up the first right turn signposted Morzine and Col de Joux Plane. This will take you past Intersport on your right and on up the hill.
- Continue up for 1.5km, following twists and turns, until you reach a sharp right-hand hairpin. Take the left-hand fork signposted to Le Villard and Mathonex, past the gîte on the left and continue for 1km.
- On entering Mathonex, at a sharp right bend, you will see Ferme du Ciel facing you straight ahead. Continue round the bend and park in the spaces on the left.